Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm a passionate centrist--no, really!

People who know me mistakenly think I'm far-right on the political scale. They think this because I rail against the left all the time. Let me clear up my politics for you folks (I'll try and use small words for those of you who are residents of Salt Lake City):

I'm basically a centrist with conservative leanings--center-right, if you prefer. The reason I come off as far-right is because I attack the American left at every opportunity. Why do I attack the left and not the far-right? Because the left is trying to destroy my country (they don't think they are destroying America but they are). The far-right--by any reasonable measure--is not a danger to this country.

One way to judge the left and right is to look at whom they embrace--not just associate, but embrace and praise and honor. The Democratic Party at their convention in 2004 gave the seat of honor--the seat next to former President Carter--to Michael Moore, for Heaven's sake. There is nothing even close to that on the right. The right along with the Republican Party distance themselves from the kooks. That nut who wrote that anti-Clinton book (the one that accused the Clintons of murder during their time in Arkansas) in the '90s was immediately cutoff from the right and the Republican Party. Michael Moore--who accuses President Bush of the same atrocities--gets to sit next to a former president at the Democratic National Convention.

Folks, I don't attack the extreme right because they aren't dangerous. They are isolated and cutoff from mainstream conservatism. However, the radical left--from the global warming crowd to the abortion-in-demand gang to the Bush lied, soldiers died idiots--are right in the middle of things not just on the mainstream left but in the heart of the Democratic Party.

The left in endangering my country. My passionate centrism demands that they be the focus of my attacks. Woof, woof.

2 comments:

Michael said...

(I'll try and use small words for those of you who are residents of Salt Lake City)

I live in Salt Lake City. I have a degree in chemistry from one of the top 25 undergraduate programs in the country in that discipline. Furthermore, I can spell 'Arkansas'.

There's no need to utilize minimalist verbiage on my account.

Joe said...

What can I say, I love taking potshots at Salt Lake City. After all, these are the folks that gave us Rocky Anderson.

It's difficult to have a high opinion of a city that insists on choosing a lunatic as it's mayor. Twice.

A college degree doesn't impress me much because it says zero about the kind of person you are. Wisdom is something they don't teach at university. The fact that you are voting against referendum one says quite a bit about your wisdom (at least on this one issue). I will do my best to not take it personally that the folks voting against referendum one are keeping children--like my son--trapped in schools that may not serve their interests best.

I can spell Arkansas fine. I can't type very well, though.

A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S.