Friday, November 21, 2008

Stupid movie.

I just came home from work and my kids are watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Elizabeth's Chest or whatever the hell it's called and, I swear, it's just about the stupidest big-budget movie ever made. I want to scream as I write this. I've sworn an oath not to view the movie in it's entirety. I mean after the first one, why in hell would I want to (I suppose I'd view the movie to laugh at it with RiffTrax but that would be it)?

Anyway, this entry really doesn't have a point. It's just gonna be a long night and Johnny Depp is a frakkin' sellout!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever man. The first pirates movie was awesome!

Joe said...

Compared to what?

Lord Mhoram said...

Not to be obnoxious, but I remember a certain person in my comic shop that railed against music group changing their sound, and saying that calling a band a sellout when they are exploring different avenues of artistic expression were just being stupid.

:)

I personally enjoyed the Pirates movies (and own them all), but taste differ.

Lord Mhoram said...

Make the above "Railed against fans complaining about a music group changing their sound"

Joe said...

I had a feeling you might get me on that.

I just think it's odd that up until Pirates, Johnny Depp was known for taking offbeat roles in movies with artistic value. But with Pirates, he's thrown his reputation as a serious actor aside. It just seems to me Johnny Depp, a once serious actor, is starring in movies with little or no artistic value now.

Not that I was a big Johnny Depp fan in the first place, mind you.

Lord Mhoram said...

Couldn't let you get complacent. :)


I remember him saying that taking the role on Pirates was for his kids; something I can respect.

And for it being a mainstream movie, he did play a fair offbeat character that took a bit of work as an actor.

I still remember becoming a fan of his on 21 Jump street, so the idea of him not doing mainstream stuff isn't there for me. :)

Michael said...

I'd say that the first Pirates was a pretty offbeat role at the time. And the way he played it was marvelous.