Thursday, November 06, 2008

America has been largely racist free for a long time.

I am praying for Barak Obama. I am praying that he will be a good president. I'm a Republican but I don't want him to fail as president just because he's a Democrat and I didn't vote for him. If he falters as president, America falters.

President Obama will be treated more kindly by Republicans and conservatives than the Democrats and the left treated President Bush (the unfounded accusations thrown at President Bush make me ill). And please, left-wingers, you owe the nation an apology for all these years of accusing us of being a racist nation (I'm not holding my breath). You think this nation transformed overnight? Obama's election is proof this nation is not racist and hasn't been for decades.

This election will challenge the Republican party and conservatives as we look to who will lead us, as a party, in the future. Even more, this election will seriously challenge leftist thinking. White Americans have been told by liberal whites and blacks that we are a racist, xenophobic, bigotted nation. The election of Barack Obama disproves that.

Still, there will be those who accuse the Republican Party--the party of Lincoln--of being racist. Dude, the reason why we voted for John McCain and not Barack Obama is because Obama isn't a Republican! He doesn't share our values. We, and I can speak for all Republicans in this, don't care about the shade of your skin, but we do care about your values (this is not an attack on Obama's values, it's just that ours are different). A strong black Republican candidate for president would get as many Republican votes as John McCain did (actually, a strong black Republican candidate would get more Republican votes than John McCain).

Some on the left may declare America racist free after Obama's election. I, a man of the right, declared America largely racist free a long time ago.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Very well said!!