Thursday, March 10, 2005

Music.

My music tastes can be narrow as I just went through a long period where I only listened to heavy metal. But recently I've been listening to a lot of Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, two of country music's greatest artists. I used to listen to Willie Nelson quite often in the late eighties and it's been fun rediscovering one of the giants of American music. His talent as a songwriter is matched by few and his abilities as a guitarist are simply amazing. But where he really can shine is when he covers other artists's material. "City of New Orleans" is a perfect example. Another cover I enjoy is Paul Simon's "Graceland" which is enhanced by Willie's guitar playing. So, because I like lists, my favorite Willie Nelson songs of the moment:

1. "Pancho and Lefty"
2. "City of New Orleans"
3. "Graceland"
4. "Stay All Night (Stay a Little Longer)" live
5. "Bloody Mary Morning"

No comments: